Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Dedication to "Violet Mae Brown...nee Pink"

I've been wanting to do something that connected me with all those I love and have ever loved.

 This idea has been rattling around in my head for like ever, I knew I wanted it to be something for HER...Her, you say? ...My Grandmother.

 She was the one in my life that made all the difference.  No matter what she said I believed it....I believed in her and everything she said.
So.... who was this lady,  Well, she was my mother's mother.  She was born in England..I'll have to find out for sure where from my mother though.  She was a sister, to how many i'm not sure, she did talk about a particular brother, but that story will come later.  She was a mother, too and again a very interesting story ...a kinda .."pandora's box" that emerges from, you will never guess where?  Australia..I always wanted to go to Australia..and now I have shades of pink there....This story is amazing, again for another time.
Back to the dedication, and the reason I wanted....no..I needed to do this!

"The-Shades-of-Pink" represents the many facets of our family, starting with "Violet Mae Pink" there are many sides to all of us, as if we are all diamonds hanging in the window, sparkling off rays of colour, depth, strength and revealing all those things that are not always easily seen with out the rays and warmth of the sun.  A metaphor if you will.  Warmth of one another, bringing out each and every-one of our special qualities.  Those talents, that have been suppressed and hidden.

"The-Shades-of-Pink" represents our Grandmother's and the way they changed our lives, how so very special they were and are.  I want to hear about YOUR..shades of pink....Those things that makes your families so special and so dear to your hearts, those things that made us laugh and YES!!!  Cry.

I dedication..I am personally inviting every-one....simply every-one to join me and my shades of pink...with stories, memories, pictures, anything and everything and is IMPORTANT to you!!
I have tons of plans for this Blog/site...but I need your shades of Pink to make it happen...

Will you Join me..In dedicating this to those we love...and loved..

Thank you,

 Grandma....Your the BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment